Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Note To Self



Today I had a session with two little toddlers at the park. I learned a few valuable lessons that will prevent me from making any future mistakes. I am, after all, portfolio building, so there will be lessons learned along the way as I grow as a photographer.

Things to do: I did great by bringing along some useful tools such as candy (for bribery), bubbles (to catch their attention), and props (to play dress up). The girls loved them all and we needed each tool at certain times.

Things not to do: I have learned that in the summer you should not and I mean not take pictures at 9am. The idea sounds great…morning light, no clouds, after breakfast, and not quite as hot out. Ha! The sunlight was way too harsh and over exposed most of the pictures. Darn. I have quite a few editing tricks up my sleeve, but none can save this problem. You live and learn. And might I also mention that 9am in Houston during the hottest month of the year does not make it any cooler outside. It was incredibly hot outside, to the point where we had to quit after awhile. The poor girls were exhausted and both my friend and I were beyond tired. At least I know now not to do morning shoots outside. I have done shoots in the morning before, but they have been indoors. I have always done shoots outside in the afternoon and apparently there is a reason for it. Photography lesson 1 learned. Got it.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: