Friday, August 10, 2007

Scouting


I had a client interested in a family session at the beach, so I decided to pack up the family and head down that way to find a good location. I want to make sure that I use the same area that way I know everything about it including lighting, sand location/depth, water, etc. It can be really tricky taking beach pictures, because you have the sun reflecting off both the sand and water. It can make some mean pictures if you aren't careful. So today was practice at the beach day to get the correct settings on my camera. I think I have it all figured out including the best time for pictures...that being in the evening around 6-7pm. The sunlight is perfect for smooth nice colors and great clarity with no overexposure. Now it's just play time at the beach!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 comments:

Jamie @ *that* mom said...

I just love your pictures! I was just thinking I wanted to go take some pics of Ben at the beach, but really I want YOU to take pics of Ben at the beach.

Anonymous said...

I just can't begin to tell you how impressed and proud I am with your vision and talent. I can't help it, I am your mother. These are some of my favorites.