Sunday, July 15, 2007

Got Props?


My next challenge was to come up with a set routine of props to use in portraits. I searched throughout the house to see what I could find. I found a blanket and a basket. The blanket was dirty (I have two sons you know) and my younger son (who I was using as my model for the day) was too big for the basket. Darn. The family took a trip to a great wonderful store named Ikea. God love this place. I found numerous baskets, bowls, and blankets. Not to mention for a great price; got to love their sale that only happens twice a year. We got back home and right away I went to work putting everything together. This was my first attempt with props and I felt very uncomfortable with it. I was used to outdoor shots with kids acting like themselves: playing, laughing, and smiling. This was more posed and purposeful. I was snapping away with this huge uneasy sunken feeling in my stomach. I felt as though I was missing something, maybe personality and being spontaneous? I took several shots with different blankets and props…I did all I could do. The photos uploaded and as I went through them I was pleasantly surprised on how well they turned out. Maybe venturing into a new unknown world of props was not such a horrible idea after all?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



No comments: